His Vivisection

He carves himself out. Western Medicine decided on application of drastic measures.

2005-05-29

On Being Home

I hate this weather! It's over 30 degrees and I can't function under these conditions. The fact that mine and my brother's rooms, in which I live, are the only ones without blinds isn't helping either.

In their usual fashion, my parents just can't get anything done. Other than the lack of blinds, some essential furniture for my room, bought more than a year ago (if not two) still isn't assembled, etc.

I am trying to keep myself occupied all the time to stay sane. I finally managed to connect my laptop to the internet so my current occupation is writing this e-mail to all my lovely friends and a very special friend ("Why is my friend "special"? - David, Six Feet Under).

Over the past days, I have been meeting all my friends and even some more bearable members of my family. I have a surprisingly good relationship with my brother. Shockingly, he called me yesterday to ask me to come out with him and his friends, who came from afar to visit him,
to a really bad gay club. Well, the only gay club.

While the place itself was horrific, with bawdy decor and one room playing trance/techno trash and the other trashy pop hits from 60s-80s, my brother's friends were very nice so I guess that overall I had quite a lot of fun. Nevertheless even getting drunk couldn't make me dance to that horrific music. Eventually we decided to move to a more alternative venue called (I am so happy that one exists) but the lady on the door asked me and one girl for IDs. How could I forget that carrying one is a responsibility of a responsible citizen! The rest of the party descended to a scary, chavvy, all-MTV-hits place, while I departed home.

I need to go to an open air pool (where children relieve themselves into the water) - I am roasting...

And being hot and miserable is a great excuse not to do any work. I was supposed to read "
Paradise" by Toni Morrison but I can't get past the amusing first sentence: "They shoot the white girl first." Hopefully it's gonna be me second...

Fortunately one cinema, which shows some arthouse movies still exists here, although it's days are probably nigh. Third and fourth large multiplexes are being built. All the other good venues have been closed already. Hopefully I will see Danish "Reconstruction" later today.

Also on the bright side: I love walking and cycling round huge parks and enjoy large public spaces, and seeing lawns and trees by the sidewalks, and generally not being entombed in concrete like in the disgusting, dirty, congested, polluted London. If I could earn here as much as I potentially can in
UK, I would probably never leave this place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home