His Vivisection

He carves himself out. Western Medicine decided on application of drastic measures.

2008-04-21

Sunday, Bloody Sunday

What an eventful day.

From the moment she walked out on stage to the thundering beat of the “Earth Intruders”, dressed like a giant mushroom, with pillars of fire behind her, I knew that her concert would be an amazing experience.

And it didn’t dissapoint.

Wonderfully paced, impressively staged and full of brilliant guest performers. What really made the night, though, was her personality and charisma shining through.

Bjork paced up and down the stage thrashing her limbs in the air, at one with the music, not feeling self-conscious at all, and her amazingly impressive vocals did not falter once.

It was an experience that left me, as well as my friends, in a dreamlike, warm and fuzzy state of mind. Sadly I have returned to reality already, however I will remember it for a long time.

As we were coming back, on the underground, I noticed a young gay couple sitting next to us, holding hands. They looked as if they were around 15 years old perhaps. It was such a lovely thing to see. Growing up gay is always very difficult, especially at that age. The fact that they felt confident about their sexuality already and were able to publicly display it was very heartwarming.

On a more mundane level, I have finally joined Facebook. Everyone has been telling me how wonderful it is and even if they didn’t, unless you live in a cave, it’s a phenomenon impossible to ignore.

The first impression was very negative.

What do you mean, you want my full name? That name that most of my friends don’t even know because I don’t like it and don't use it? I am sure it will be very useful. And now I have to see it in print again and again like a bothersome cold sore.

It seems messy, confusing and not very intuitive at all. Thumbs down for the interface.

Oh well, at least it will provide me with another method of wasting time and avoiding reality by staring blankly at the screen. Ayo technology.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home